Sunday, January 29, 2012

Book Review: Black Cat Volume 10: Big Changes


Review:  #144
Title:  Black Cat Volume 10:  Big Changes
Series:  Black Cat - 10th volume
Author:  Kentaro Yabuki
Read Before:  no
My Comments:  Even though I know what is going to happen (since I’ve read volume 11 first) this was still a great volume, and a couple of things I had learnt (which would have made some of the future volumes a bit easier to understand).  I am surprised that I was a bit moved when I learnt that Number XI Beluga died, even though he was introduced only in the last volume, probably coz he died in honour.  Creed’s escape was a bit cheap but I’m starting to like his Level 2 Imagine Blade more and more, finally, I feel that his Tao power is formidable (before I thought an invisible blade was kinda weak for the main antagonist).  I had to laugh at Kyoko’s sudden love for Train, but it somehow fits with her character.  Again, this volume has a nice combination of suspense and humour, making it a very enjoyable read.
Rating:  7.5/10
Blogger Widget