Saturday, May 19, 2012

Toy Review: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra Ice-Viper



Review:  #90
Name:  Ice-Viper
Brand:  G.I. Joe
Allegiance:  Cobra
Line:  The Rise of Cobra
Year of Release:  2009
Size Class:  Carded Figure (Series 4)
Variations:  not too sure, but I don't think so

FIGURE:


I find it amusing that this is my first toy review that is not a Transformers branded (or related) figure.  Anyway, I got this figure for free while purchasing some other things, and G.I. Joe is a pretty famous action figure line (being a toyline that started even earlier than Transformers) that has endured to this day.  Enough with the ramblings, this figure is Ice-Viper.


Never had one of these figures before, and I think the selling point of them is their high level of articulation and accessories.  If you wish, you can take off his white jacket, but he looks really really weird without it on (as the thick pants are non-removable).


Ice-Viper comes with two guns, one is a rifle with white fabric wrapped around it.


The other is a small pistol (never bothered detaching it, that's why it's still got that rubbery plastic band around it).


There's a stand included, which has two pegs that correspond to two holes in the soles of his feet that you can plug him onto.  The stand is made of hard plastic.


Lastly, there's this snow board thingie that looks ridiculous.  That's because it's a spring loaded missile launcher, with the missile being this huge blue plastic affair.  Plug, it just sits there and doesn't interact much with Ice-Viper himself at all.  Apparently, Ice-Viper is low on accessories.


The head sculpt is basic, with a visor that has a column of red in the middle.  You can flip it up or detach it but I don't recommend it as he looks bland without it.


The articulation is good, he's got a lot of joints, but I find that the white vest restricts his motion somewhat, and the feet can only swivel which limits his balance due to the small feet while doing poses.

OVERALL:

G.I. Joe never appealed to me, and it's even more apparent here with this figure (and hence why there is a lot of dust in the photos... sorry for that, it slipped my mind to brush the dust off first).  However, he's cheap, and he can be a lot of fun to play with and pose.  I'll leave it at that since I'm going to be biased anyway.

--------------------------------

Other toy reviews can be found here.
Blogger Widget