Saturday, April 14, 2012

Book Review: Middle School, the Worst Years of My Life


Review:  #182
Title:  Middle School, the Worst Years of My Life
Series:  Middle School - 1st book
Author:  James Patterson and Chris Tebbetts
Read Before:  no
My Comments:  What a lie, the blurb at the back promised that it would be funny, and I did not laugh one bit at all throughout the book.  When I first saw the cover of the book, I immediately thought it was a rip off from Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and it is to a certain degree, in that they both focus on a kid in middle school and (in this book, apparently) the funny moments.  I believe it’s not as great as Diary of a Wimpy Kid, however, for some reason, I just kept reading it.  The plot is subpar, and fairly stupid to be honest, with a lot of typical moments.  The way the plot was structured was not very elegant, and the pictures were more of a distraction than something that complemented the story.  This book is not very memorable and I don’t think I can recommend reading this, by the time I read the first few chapters, I was very disappointed.
Rating:  5.5/10
Blogger Widget