Friday, July 27, 2012

Book Review: D.Gray-Man Vol. 21


Review:  #234
Title:  D.Gray-Man Vol. 21
Series:  D.Gray-Man - 21st volume
Author:  Katsura Hoshino
Read Before:  no
My Comments:  The things that happen in this volume… is so confusing.  You have to read through each frame carefully and study it to understand what is happening, and even by the time I finished reading it; I couldn't digest all of what had happened.  It was intense, and it kept your attention, the art is a bit confusing, you have to concentrate in order to pick out what is happening.  I feel that the story could have been fleshed out more, and explained a whole lot better, as things just kept happening that makes no sense.  It was a pretty cool volume though, and I liked the ending.  Not sure what happened to Allen though when the fourteenth actually awoke but then Allen went back to his old self when his eye act up (Mana’s curse).  The same can also be said for Alma and how his spirit (I think) is the woman that Kanda loved, it’s just so much to process and to try and sort it through.  Its personal preference, but I found that the originality and the mysteriousness that was present in the series before has disappeared now.  Whatever’s happening feel very weird, and less… elegant as before.
Rating:  6/10
Blogger Widget