Friday, August 10, 2012

Book Review: The Book of Lies


Review:  #241
Title:  The Book of Lies
Series:  The Book of Lies - 1st book
Author:  James Moloney
Read Before:  no
My Comments:  I was tempted to give a lower score, since I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have expected to.  To be fair, this is one of those books that you get the most out of, from your first reading.  It has a major twist in the book, which, once you know what it is, just doesn't have the same impact on you when you get up to it.  I can't deny that this is a brilliant book though, and they way the plot twist was handled and revealed were amazing, I remember the shock I had the first time.  The whole plot is a very neat concept, and I love the idea of a Book of Lies (where it tells you when people are lying).  I wished there was more magic involved though, as there was very limited use.  The characters were well developed; they each had their own flaws, which is what I liked about them.  I was hooked from about Part Two of the book onwards and kept reading and reading, it’s very easy to get absorbed into the elaborate story.
Rating:  7/10
Blogger Widget