Sunday, December 30, 2012

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer


I didn't think the first movie was terrible and so when I saw that this was not well received critically, I had really wanted to watch it to see if I would enjoy it.  After delaying and delaying, I finally watched it and thought the reviews were justified.  This was a very boring movie!  It had such a slow start, and the whole wedding thing was quite lame.  They had to shoehorn it in, and make such a big deal out of it.  I was looking forward to some fight scenes between the Fantastic Four and the Silver Surfer, but all we get is some flying shots and Doom getting in there somewhere, quite disappointing.  The plot was a simple one and wasn't even executed very well, they expect us only to be wowed by the special effects...  When the Torch got his molecules scrambled and started switching powers with the rest of the team?  Well, that was quite stereotypical and expected, it's like you could see where this was going to go.  I didn't laugh at many of the jokes, since they were quite lame and overused.  Overall, there were many areas where your belief of reality has to be suspended, and the pacing was too slow.  They need to inject more action and life into it.  It felt dreary and I won't be watching this again.
Blogger Widget