Saturday, December 22, 2012

National Treasure


I'm going to admit it, I love this movie.  I really like the treasure hunt concept of this film, set in the modern day, a team trying to find some lost hidden treasure that everyone else seemed to have overlooked (or thought it was the stuff of legends).  While I enjoyed the movie, it wasn't without it's flaws.  The beginning was too slow paced for my liking and they spent too much time on planning to steal the Declaration of Independence.  Truthfully told, the theft of it was ridiculous, and they made it look so easy when it would have been practically impossible for such an important piece of history.  Anyway, all those other clues surviving to this day stretches it a bit too, but hey, don't argue against the movie right?  The ending was good, with the false dead ends.  I loved how they all give up and then realize that there is something after, and then something after that.  Great during the first view, but after that, you spoil it for yourself as you wait for the movie to unfold and end.  The race between the two teams were intense at times, and the chase scene was exciting.  An enjoyable movie overall.
Blogger Widget