Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Bourne Legacy


Without Jason Bourne in the movie, it does feel like a different movie to its predecessors.  Not only that, but it feels somewhat forced (at the beginning at least) in how the new character, Aaron Cross, fits into the overall scheme of things.  I thought the first hour wasn't that great, and the plot wasn't very clear.  It takes a while for the movie to pick up and to make sense of what is being shown to you.  Unlike the past three films, there's a lack of chase scenes (the only one off the top of my head is at the climax), I think this is what made Legacy feel so much different.  I wasn't sold on Jeremy Renner playing the character, but after I finished watching, he wasn't so bad.  It's too bad at the end, you get a sense of injustice as what Landy has worked for in Ultimatum comes to naught, and the bad guys get away.  It's scary at how many secret projects the CIA was shown to have, especially ones that built off Treadstone.  It's better than I expected but falls short of Ultimatum.

Blogger Widget