Thursday, September 19, 2013

Only Yesterday


When I watched this as a kid, I found the movie to be boring.  The disc hadn't been touched since (I reckon more than ten years) and then I suddenly got the urge to watch it.  The movie tells of a story of a young woman, travelling to the countryside and remembering memories from her fifth grade year.  It gives off a sense of tranquility and nostalgia, as you can relate to it.  Remembering wistfully about your childhood, the actions you have done, and reminiscing.  The early parts of the movie were still confusing with the quick transition between past and present.  Thankfully, it slows down and you can actually start to make sense of what's going on.  The general tone of the movie is peaceful and slow, it's very much grounded in reality, which was surprising (I'm more of a fantasy adventure type lover).  Sure, I still find some portions boring, but now I can understand and appreciate the meaning behind it.  You can tell that the character is going to fall in love at some point in the story.  There were a few events that I didn't quite understand what was going on, but overall, an okay film.

Blogger Widget