Thursday, July 17, 2014

Book Review: The Key to the Universe


Review:  #434
Title:  The Key to the Universe
Series:  Murderous Maths
Author:  Kjartan Poskitt
Read Before:  yes
My Comments:  I guess you have to really enjoy maths in order to like this book.  However, I love maths and I found this book to be really interesting.  It’s filled with some pretty useless but amusing facts.  It highlights how awesome and elegant mathematics can be, wrapped around with a nice dose of humour.  The humour is really well done; there were a few times where I found the jokes to be very funny.  The illustrations add to the experience.  It also covers a fairly broad amount of topics, it skims the top and doesn’t go too deeply.  That said, I found too much text was wasted on elaborating and giving steps on some examples.
Rating:  6.5/10

Blogger Widget